The Digital Television is very much there in the US market and the old technology i: e analog has been done away with. In this article we will try to see why the US Market took this extreme decision at that point of time and what could have been the reasons behind such a major decision. We hope that the article will serve as a source of knowledge enhancement for our readers.
What is Digital TV?
A Digital Television has the ability to transfer video as well as the audio through a signal which is both multiplexed as well as digitally processed. The Television has the unique ability to support programs in access of one, no matter if the
channel bandwidth is the same. The digital television can be simply termed as a classical innovation which has transformed the television industry big time.
How did the switch happen: A brief look?
Historical analysis tells us that the switch was preplanned and back in the year 1996 the decision had already been taken. Officially the digital television was introduced to the general masses on March 1st, 2007. The methodology which was adopted was pretty clever as all the televisions which were built or Imported in the US Market after the 1st of March, 2007 were equipped with both the digital turner as well as the analog turner. The strategy was pretty well crafted as when on June 12th, 2009 the television stations stopped the analog signals, all people had to do was to switch from Analog tuner to the digital turner. Today the entire US Market is full of Digital television and in every home the technology is readily available.
Advantages associated with Digital Television:
There were many advantages associated with Digital Television at that point of time and perhaps these advantages were the reason why the digital television and its transmissions gained a lot of popularity in the US Market. People who couldn’t smoothly switch from Analog to Digital were ready to make investments in this technology come what may. Some of the major benefits associated with Digital Television are as follows
- As compared to the Analog Signals the Digital TV signals are much compact. By much compact we actually mean that the digital television has the ability to take very less space within the band width. Capturing low space means that more stations can also cash in.
- Due to digital turners there are no signal issues as the turner does away with all the elements that may pose any hindrance to the quality of the final display and audio
- The image screens which fall into the category of Letterbox are permitted by the Digital television, which ultimately enhances the quality of the effects
- The HDTV feature is promoted by the digital television
- The user interface is automatic.
Our final conclusion is that the major reason why US market shifted from the analog technology was that the analog technology was outdated and the features provided by the digital television were more advanced.