In the US market the name of dish network is very common; the main reason behind the fame of dish network is that it is among the few direct broadcast satellite service providers in the US market. The major offerings of the dish network are audio programming, satellite Internet access and satellite television. The dish network also provides services of interactive television to both its commercial as well as residential customers.
According to the recent statistics the company is providing exceptional services to 628,000 broadband and 13.9 million subscribers of US market today. The company is one of the most well managed companies of USA and is home to around 18000 employees at the moment. The headquarters of the company is in Colorado.
It takes a lot from a company to develop its market in a country like USA. However dish network through its wonderful offerings was able to cater a lot of customers. The company believes in constant innovation and we believe that this constant innovation paid off for dish network. Some of the company’s offerings are discussed in the points below
- Dish network end of the day is nothing more than a satellite television hence its overall offerings are pretty similar to other cable and satellite companies currently existing in USA. However through innovations and diversified offerings the dish network has been able to beat its competitors and is certainly not a company which has fallen into the commodity magnet.
- One of the earliest offerings of dish network was named as the Tailgater. The tailgater is basically a satellite antenna and is portable in nature. This portability is the feature through which the company was able to attract a lot of customers
- The company also offered a video recorder of digital nature by the name of Dish Hopper. The Dish Hopper was launched in the year 2012 and was able to capture a good market. The recorder had the unique ability to record (automatically) programming which was prime time.
- The dish hopper was further optimized and in the year 2013 Hopper with Sling was launched by the company. The device consisted of a hopper along with a Sling box place
- The dish world was launched by the dish network in the year 2012 and the exact month was March. The dish world was a subscription through which the customer had the access on over 50 international television channels of the world. The access of the channels was provided through broadband screaming.
- The company also launched a satellite broadband service by the name of DishNet. The main aim of the device was to cater rural customers
Dish Network is an ideal company to study as far as blue ocean strategy is concerned. The company has been a constant innovator and this innovation is best depicted in its offering. Innovation is the key if one wants to survive the competitive markets of today. We hope that the article will be found useful by our readers.